May 25, 2017

Sephora Collection | Cream Lip Stain

Ever since the two terms "matte" and "lip"conquered the beauty world, every single brands out there has somehow formulated their own kind of matte lipstick, matte lip stain, matte lip tint, m a t t e. 
I love matte lipstick but the problem is that I am so picky with finding the right kind of matte lipstick, and I know you know exactly what I'm talking about. 
The "perfect" matte lip product has to be hydrating, pigmented, and long-lasting.  

So for today's post, I want to share with you : 
S e p h o r a . C o l l e c t i o n . C r e a m . L i p S t a i n .
Some people may not be aware of this but Sephora has their own brand which is called "Sephora Collection". The other brands that are sold at Sephora are simply... sold at Sephora.
 L I P 1 0 1 : Lip stain and lipstick are from the same family tree, however, there is a slight difference between the two sisters. I'm going to break down the differences down below:

Lip stain 
  • Water or gel based
  • Most lip stain will contain alcohol (that's the drying effect)
  • Known for enhancing your natural lip color 
  • Less transfer because the base is drying 
  • Usually comes in a sponge-tip applicator 
Lipstick
  • Wax or Oil based (the emollients help to keep your lip moist) 
  • Transfer easily when eating or drinking (needs to be reapplied throughout the day)
  • Comes in various textures besides matte  
  • Gives you a nice shine on your lip
S W A T C H E S :
I N G R E D I E N T S : Isododecane is an emollient that helps to spread which is why it's the first ingredient. Judging from the list below, this cream lip stain seem to give your lip a lot of moisture. 


M Y. T H O U G H T. O N. E A C H. L I P S T A I N :
1. #01 - Always Red: A nice classic red that anyone with any complexions and undertones can rock! In my opinion, a red lip color that is true to color, pigmented, and can be worn on anyone is hard to find. But this one definitely nailed it! 
2. #42 - Rose Wood - I am a sucker for a gorgeous dark lip shade and this one just ties my whole Fall look together so well. I do find this lip stain to be a bit more drying than the other colors. 
3. #23 - Copper Blush - A really cute lip color for any season and occasions! I particularly like wearing this color a lot because my makeup usually revolves around red, brown, natural, and pink shades so #23 gives a pop to my natural look days.
4. #13 - Marvelous Mauve - I'm not going to lie... I rarely wear this lip color because for some reason, I find that any purple hues just look unattractive on me. But the rare occasions when I do wear this, I like to match this with a pink eye look. 
5. #05 - Infinite Rose - It's VERY similar to #23. However, this one is more satin meaning it provides more hydration and gives off this glossy lip look.
6. #39 - Frozen Strawberry - I dislike how my natural lip color changes the color of this lip stain. It's a nice natural brown shade... I just wish it appeared more brown than brown/red on my lip. This is what I meant by lip stain enhances your natural lip color. 
7. #40 - Pink Tea - Similar issues to #39, When I bought this, I assumed it would be more of a brown/pink on my lip. As you can see, my natural lip color completely changed this into a pink/mauve lip shade instead. I don't hate this lip color but I don't like it either.
  
In this photo, I am wearing #40 - Pink Tea and Glamglow Matte Plumper.
To be completely honest, the only con I can say about the Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stain is that your natural lip color will change some of the lip stain colors. I do highly suggest trying em' on in person first before buying because swatching the lippies on your hands will not help.

On a positive note, it's definitely long-wearing, comfortable to wear, dries really quick, and does not easily transfer when I eat or drink, and very affordable ($14). Also, about 6-7 hours, that's when I felt the drying effect. That's not bad at all compared to most other lip stains! 
To sum it all up, if you're looking for an inexpensive lip stain that is long-wearing, matte, and stays on for a long period of time, then definitely look into Sephora Collection!


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. i never knew sephora have this kind of lip product,no.23 ;copper blush is the best , i might getting this color :)
    thanks for the review !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the feedbacks!

© Today's forecast is sunny ☼. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig