October 20, 2016

KORRES | Wild Rose Vitamin C Active Brightening Oil

Now before I begin this review, I want to come clean about one thing: I was once a firm believer that facial oils could clogged my pores, cause horrendous breakouts on my face, and leave me looking like a grease-ball.
Yes, I have been there, just like you.
But all of that has changed--- facial oils are the new "must haves" and it is receiving a tremendous amount of spotlight in the beauty world.  
The me in 2003 would have ran away by now, but the me in present day 2016 has fallen in love with: KORRES Wild Rose Vitamin C Active Brightening Oil.
[An innovated 20 Year Anniversary Edition to the KORRES Wild Rose] 

Just to note, this was in fact the FIRST facial oil I've ever purchased / tried in my life. 
 This facial oil won Allure's Best of Beauty 2016 Award

WHAT IT IS: A brightening and moisturizing facial oil infused with real wild rose petals and ultra-concentrated Vitamin C to repair the look of wrinkles and fight signs of aging, brighten, even out skin tone, and delivers a dewy glow. 

PACKAGING: Oh my goodness, it's super pretty. The crooked heart bothers me... the more I look at it, the more I want to grab a red sharpie and draw a proper heart on the box. The design is easy on the eyes, due to the glass bottle it is a little heavy, and this facial oil does come with dropper which makes it extremely easy to apply (for sanitation purpose as well) !

   
Yup, those are REAL Wild Rose petals inside the bottle! I have to say, the Wild Rose petals adds a very nice touch to the packaging. It makes the bottle fun to look at as the petals float in the oil~  

In case if you were wondering, this is how the Wild Rose petals looks like. I took it out from the 1st bottle that I finished. 
(Left: my 2nd bottle (30 ml) , Right: My 1st bottle (15 ml) 
My first experience with facial oils turned out very well. After finishing with the sample size, I knew I was ready to invest in the full size. Did I regret it? Obviously not at all.


INGREDIENTS: Not only did I found my new profound love for facial oils, I've also fallen in love with Vitamin C. I do have a few dark spots on my upper cheeks... and it's all thanks to my younger self because I refused to put on sunscreen thinking that I'd be okay. So thank you 2003 me (not)! 
  • Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate (Super C) :  A stabilized and non-irritant fat soluble Vitamin C that is 10x higher than the Vitamin C found in oranges.
  • Squalene: A botanical lipid that improves the moisture balance in dry skin (like Olive oil) , a natural antioxidant, and it also helps with the production of excess oil. 
  • Isoamyl Laurate: A plant based ester oil. It helps to lock in moisture and when infused in oil, it helps to spread easier on skin without the greasy feeling.
94.5% Natural - Formulated without mineral oil, petrolatum, parabens, silicones, propylene glycol, and Ethanolamines
Dermatological tested and cruelty-free. 

Now, I'm not an ingredient scientist. However, skimming through the ingredients, this facial oil does contain a lot of moisturizing (Sunflower Seed oil, Rosa Canina oil) and brightening (Wild Rose oil) benefits. Another thing to keep in mind is that this is a time-release product, meaning that even if you stop using it for a few days, the product will still continue to work on its own. 

When facial oils are exposed to sunlight, it can cause it to oxidize and it may lose efficacy overtime. Keep that in mind! 
You're probably thinking "what the heck does the 6 stands for in the square white box?" Well... this might be your products rescue. Most companies put this on their products to inform you of the expiration date from when you first OPEN the product. Also, the M after the 6 stands for months. 

FINAL IMPRESSION: I purchased (the 1st bottle) 3 months ago and I've been using it religiously as my skincare regimen at night. It's very lightweight so I do use this before my moisturizer. I know some people use it after their moisturizer to lock in the moisture. IMO, there is no right or wrong way to applying oil. Which ever way is most comfortable to you---- just keep in mind, thicker facial oil may take a little longer than light weight oil to absorb. 

 I noticed how much it has brighten up my complexion. A few of my dark spots definitely has lighten up A LOT, and let me repeat, A LOT. Besides from that, my texture did improved very... slightly. I assumed it is because I work in Times Square, the pollution is very heavy here, so texture is not alarming to me. But oh my, it makes my skin feels like a baby's butt. Not that I want to compare my face to a baby's bottom-- but you get my point. It was that smooth, incredibly silky smooth feeling. That type of smoothness was what I felt.    
I use this facial oil in placement of a serum. So my night-time routine looks more like: Double Cleansing, Toner, Eye cream, Oil, and Moisturizer. 

Overall Rating: ★★★★
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Would you recommend this product? I have combination skin with dry patches under my eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'd recommend this product for combination skintype. However, this oil is very lightweight, so if you're seeking for a much more moisturizing oil, I'd say no to this Korres oil. Otherwise, this oul will definitely reduce the production of excess oil on your oily areas.
      I hope this helps!

      Delete
    2. Yes, I'd recommend this product for combination skintype. However, this oil is very lightweight, so if you're seeking for a much more moisturizing oil, I'd say no to this Korres oil. Otherwise, this oul will definitely reduce the production of excess oil on your oily areas.
      I hope this helps!

      Delete

Thank you for the feedbacks!

© Today's forecast is sunny ☼. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig