June 14, 2017

Neogen | Canadian Clay Pore Cleanser

I am back with another Korean skincare review! I'm trying my best to post more often now since I have more free time. Recently, Influenster posted a "Beach Essentials" contest and one of the activities was to share a favorite Summer essential. I immediately thought of this product and I couldn't wait to write a review on it because it's one of the best cleanser/mask I've used so far. 
I have to say, I have been loving Korean skincare a lot. I have yet to try any Korean cosmetics but I'm looking forward to soon! This product is NOT new on the market but it is new at Sephora. The packaging caught my attention immediately and then the two words "Canadian Clay" had me wanting to try it. 

So without further ado: 
N E O G EN | CANADIAN CLAY PORE C L E A N S E R


PACKAGING: The light sea blue green color is unique because I don't think I've ever seen a color like this on a product before. I like how the packaging gives off a cool Canadian vibe because the Canada's Maple Leaf and Canada's flag logo is imprinted on it. It's not the girly type of packaging which is good because I've seen enough of flying pink bunnies. I was wondering what mountain that is on the box but I couldn't find my answer on Google.

I previously did a review on the re:p Organic Cotton Treatment Toning Pad which was also developed by NEOGEN Lab. I know their lemon, wine, and green tea gauze peeling pads are insanely popular among the shoppers. $27 for 30 single quick and easy exfoliation pads is a really good deal. I also have the lemon peeling pads at home but ever since I bought re:p toning pad, I pretty much stopped using it. I am considering giving it to my best friend tho. 

It took me a minute to figure out how to open the top. I thought I could simply pull off the lid but it's a twist-and-turn type of lid. 

INGREDIENT: As you can already tell, one of the active ingredients in this product is Colloidal Clay and it's from British Columbia, Canada. Colloidal Clay is rich in natural minerals and nutrients and it is mainly used to draw out all of the impurities in your skin. Dr. Dennis Gross also uses the same ingredient in his Colloidal Sulfur Mask! Besides from Colloidal Clay, Kaolin is the 2nd ingredient! It's another great ingredient to help remove dirt and excess oil from your pores without stripping your moisture level. 
Sugar Cane Extract (gentle exfoliating but hydrating), Mushroom Extract (soothe and calm the skin) Honey Extract (anti-inflammatory and hydrating) and Cocoa Extract (loads of antioxidants, slows down aging) ! 
As you go further down the list, I guarantee you, there's a bunch of ingredients that helps to hydrate, heal, slows down signs of aging, and most importantly: draws out those annoying impurities that causes blackheads and whiteheads. 

This has an earthy smell... it's hard to distinguish because it smells like that hiking scent on a mountain but also a blend of vegetables scent. I don't know if that makes sense. My nose is horrible at picking up scents. 
ALSO, there is carbonated water in this to help SPREAD out the Colloidal Clay easier when it's massaged onto your skin. 

WHY I BOUGHT THIS: I was intrigued by "Canadian Clay" once again. I had a solid idea because the term "clay" typically means flushing out all of the gunk in my pores. But I wanted to find out how Canadian Clay actually works and how it would feel on my skin. This was retailing for $27 too! This is advertised as a cleanser but can also be used as a deep-cleanse mask! 

You can actually HEAR it fizzes when it foams up into a bubbling foam (when you massage it into your skin) I thought that was really cool. Within SECONDS, it was foaming up already (I set a timer). Seriously, this is a great dupe for an oxygen mask, a charcoal mask, a clay cleanser, and your regular cleanser too! This is such an innovated product that I do not regret buying it at all. 
I used it as a cleanser and a mask, and to be honest, I don't think it makes much of a difference using this product either ways. Both steps will still deliver the same benefits for your skin.  
  • My skin feels SQUEAKY CLEAN. No lie, my skin feels exactly the same way when I rub a clean plate of dish. BUT it doesn't give me any drying or pulling effect like most foaming cleanser does. The squeakiness will go away after you use your toner/serum/oil/moisturizer. 
  • Reduced breakouts. I had a major pimple in the middle of my forehead and the next day it was flattened! 
  • My pores feel SUPER CLEAN. Especially since it's the Summer time and excess oil builds up in the pores and I wear make-up, this product really draws out everything by the end of the night. 
  • I did not get any irritation from using this. 
I enjoy using this product as a mask more than a cleanser. I feel like this is a really good deep-cleanse mask for every 2-3 days when my pores feel clogged. For my oilier and acne-prone skin, you'd enjoy using this more as a daily cleanser.

This comes with a lid so be sure to close it with this after the first time because it'll keep air out so the product won't lose its effect and prolongs the shelf life. 

This is my skin without any makeup on! I have to say, I've been liking the way my skin feels after using this 3-4 times as a deep-cleanse mask. 


7/2/17 UPDATE: The bubbling effect in this cleanser STOPPED COMPLETELY. I am not sure why because I did closed it TIGHTLY with the plastic lid after every usage. Also, I noticed that if water gets into the jar and you close it with the lid afterward, you will find the product bubbled up within the jar the next day (this has happened so many times already). This product literally feels like a thick cream on my skin now with no bubbling or sizzling effect. As for this reason, I bumped down the rating. 

My final thought? It's a decent cleanser. However, the lid issue needs to be fixed.
Price: $27 
Rating: 2.5/10
SHARE:

1 comment

Thank you for the feedbacks!

© Today's forecast is sunny ☼. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig