August 10, 2017

Missha | M Magic Cover Cushion SPF 50+ / PA +++ NO. 23

Yesterday, I posted this review on Korean-Beauty Amino (an app for everyone who loves Korean Beauty from skincare, makeup, and haircare) and it gained a lot of good responses! My review got a chance to be featured alongside with other great reviews as well! Not bad despite the fact that I joined the platform just 2 days ago, haha.
If you've read my past reviews, I consistently talk about how much I enjoy wearing light coverage because minimal is more  for me. This time around, I decided to step out of my comfort zone and try a medium - full coverage cushion compact.

This product is no stranger to some of you guys because it's literally the MOST raved cushion compacts on the Korean beauty market right now.

The one that I purchased is the more matte version out of the two Missha M Magic cushion collection: 


(Bottom - White/Golden Lid)  VS. (Top - White/Silver Lid) Missha M Magic Cover.
Here's a guide to help you choose which cushion is best for you:
Right off the bat, I would typically go for the M Magic Cushion Moisture. I've read reviews that the M Magic Cushion provides more moisture than the M Magic Moisture. Perhaps in the future I'll pick the Moisture cushion up and do a thorough comparison of each other. Blush

A cushion compact with outstanding, long-lasting coverage that can flawlessly cover any flaws with minimal darkening. Provides benefits like wrinkle care, whitening & UV blocking for a full sun protection.

I've been asked about this question quite a lot. I have clients who comes in to shop and specifically ask for products with only PA sunscreen grading.... but still wants to get a golden tan. 
Real quick, let's break down the acronyms: SPF = 'Sun Protect Factor" and PA = ""Protection Grade of UVA". There's not a lot of differences from each other except PA is a sunscreen grading usually used in many Asian countries. Whereas for SPF, it's mainly used in the United States. 
NOW, stay with me okay, okay? This might sound a little confusing. Pa+, PA++, PA+++ is closely associated with the PPD (Persistent Pigment Darkening) test. 
What all of this means is that PA+++ is an equivalent to a PPD of 16 or greater. In other words, it takes you 16 times (or greater) longer for your skin to tan when it is protected. 
Hints when Missha stated: "long lasting makeup without darkening" 

I didn't lose you, right? Good. Giggle
Stated on the box: "Bamboo Water and Baobab fruit extract provides moisture to skin and containing witch hazel extract, it soothes and calms the skin

(The ingredient list was super small on the box so I copy & paste the ingredient list from Missha's website
Water, Titanium Dioxide, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glycerin, PEG-8 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Niacinamide, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Iron Oxides, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, PEG-8, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Sorbitan Isostearate, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Iron Oxides, Alumina, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Fragrance(Parfum), Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Iron Oxides, Ethylhexylglycerin, Adenosine, Water, Disodium EDTA, Silica, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Boron Nitride, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Xylitol, PEG-32, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Bambusa Vulgaris Water, Dipropylene Glycol, Cereus Grandiflorus (Cactus) Flower Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Adansonia Digitata Fruit Extract, Oxygen, Tocopherol 
 Other moisturizing ingredients like sunflower seed oil, olive fruit oil, avocado oil, and Rose fruit oil contributes to long-lasting moisture and the dewy effect! 
 There's dimethicone in here so be sure to cleanse your skin thoroughly using the double-cleanse step! 

I found out recently that the blue sponge applicator gives you a matte finish while the brown sponge applicator gives you a dewy finish. 

Micro-cover pigment enables you to deliver a flawless coverage to the skin without the "cakey" appearance. This is also infused with Silica-bead powder that helps to effectively absorbs sweat and sebum for a longer wear. The silica-bead powder is a great addition because it's going to help control excess sebum for oily/acne/and combination skin.

A lot of Korean products have manufacture/expiration dates printed in Korean so here's a mini guide to help you figure out what is the exact expiration date of your cushion:
To break it down even more specifically: 
This goes for ANY cosmetic products. The first time line is self-explanatory: manufacture date > open the product > you use it to its full potential  > you throw it out at the exact expiration date. 
The 2nd time line is for those who wonders: "if my foundation says it's going to expire tomorrow but I literally just opened it 5 seconds ago, does that mean I can use it still?" The answer is no, go back to the store and get your refund

This goes to show how much product the sponge applicator can instantly picked up from a GENTLE press. 
Honestly, #23 is way too light for my skin. If it looks this light on my hand, I wonder how light will it look on my face? But dang, the coverage is AMAZING! 
Unfortunately, like many Korean cushion compacts, Missha only came out with three shades: 

(Before) This is how my skin looksl ike without any makeup. I am wearing moisturizer but no primer. 

(After - Natural Lighting) 1 layer of the cushion, with highlight + blush, but no bronzer/contour. 

Bottom line is, the coverage is just beautifully flawless! It's a medium - (buildable) full coverage. Keep in mind, I am more tan now since it's Summer. The difference between the color of my neck and face doesn't bother me--- it can be easily fixed with bronzer/contour. 

For someone like me who constantly says "no" to full coverage and a full on matte finish... I have to admit, I enjoy the coverage of this cushion a lot. I like that it's still breathable and doesn't feel heavy or cakey on my face. As always, a product that gives me a dewy look, I'm all in.  w00t!

It sucks that this doesn't come with a refill but for the price of $10-$12, I don't blame Missha. I love how much product the sponge applicator picks up with just a light press. It smells like a blend of fresh rose water mixed with perfume.There are literally different smells going on in this cushion compact. 

PROS 
  1. Beautiful coverage Thumbs Up
  2. Affordable price Thumbs Up
  3. Packaging is light-weight Thumbs Up
  4. Long-lasting Thumbs Up
  5. Very moisturizing Thumbs Up
  6. Does not transfer easily/My fingers doesn't leave an imprint when I touch my skin Thumbs Up
  7. Long-wearing (product starts to diminish around the 4-5 hrs mark, which is pretty good for a cushion  compact without primer). Thumbs Up
CONS 
  1. Limited shade range. Missha need to come with more shades. If not, at least more yellow-undertone shades. Thumbs Down
  2. If not careful, it can go on very heavily. Thumbs Down
  3. Around the 4-5 hrs mark, creasing into fine lines and under eyes can be seen. Thumbs Down
  4. (Around the 4-5 hrs mark) Due to sweating and excess oil, the product disappeared around my nose area. Thumbs Down
Overall, I'm very pleased with this product. The quality is well-made at a very affordable price!
To be completely honest, I wouldn't wear this as my everyday cushion compact because like I said, I have always been a light-weight coverage gal. Also, since I don't have a lot of blemishes to cover (thank you skincare Thanks for everything!), I would wear this on days where I have an event to attend or I'll be out all day and I don't want to touch up as much. 
I highly recommend this to anyone who likes a medium-full coverage, wants a cushion that has good coverage, and doesn't breakout/irritate your skin. 


Rating: 9/10
Price: I purchased this for $10.95 on Amazon. 
As always, thank you so much for reading! Stay jolly ~
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I also have this cushion as well! Maybe you should switch over to #27 if #23 is still too light for you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the feedbacks!

© Today's forecast is sunny ☼. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig